15 early-stage technology startups will be selected to join this unique and exiting innovation journey.
The ACCELERATION Journey
The Young Entrepreneurs journey is a unique opportunity for early-stage startups to get mentorship, network, promotion and exhibition platforms, to get the full potential out of attending the UIA World Congress of Architects 2023 in Copenhagen. We recommend two team members of the startup to join the programme, one needing to be a co-founder. The startup teams will access mentors, be given 1:1 sparring, be promoted through social media and join virtual bootcamps during the month of June. Teams are then invited to Copenhagen to participate in a 8-days programmes in connection to the UIA World Congress of Architects 2023. Travel and stay in Denmark is enabled through sposnorships and partners of Next Generation City Action.
The final deadline for sign-up and selection is the April 24th. The selected Teams will be announced on May 1st.
The goal is to recruit 2-3 startups from each partnering countries.
On the May 31st, we will gather all participants locally in hubs in their countries. We will then virtually connect all the hubs for a joint Kick-off the innovation acceleration.
The startup teams will in the month of June be engaged in a virtual acceleration process focusing on preparing them to exhibit and pitch their idea on a global stage as well as developing partnerships and building an international network.
The startup teams will be prepared for their arrival to Copenhagen.
As part off their arrival to Copenhagen, we will offer a pre-congress program at DTU and visiting partner organisation in the Copenhagen area.
As part of our youth delegation, the startup teams will enter the UIA World Congress of Architects 2023, with a defined congress strategy ready to take part in defining the future of sustainable and inclusive cities.
They will be given the opportunity to exhibit their solution at partner stands and to pitch their business on stage, competing for further acceleration.
what we offer
- Accelerate the outreach of your business
- Grow your international network with leading experts, business mentors, and like-minded startups and innovators
- Expose your solution on a global stage in front of relevant partners
- Opportunity to connect with new end-users
- Get concrete tools and sparring on how to work with inclusion and universal design as an innovation- and market opportunity
- Social events with the startup and student entrepreneurial community
- Fully covered travel, stay and participation at the UIA World Congress of Architects 2023 for two team members (min. one founder)
what you commit to
- Participating in an acceleration journey over the month of June, including joint BootCamp sessions and Keynotes as well as individual mentoring sessions. Approximately 5-10 hours a week.
- Participating in the UIA Congress and our preparation program leading up to it. Full-time from June 28th to July 6th.
- Openly engage in the program, supporting the other participants with your unique insights and knowledge.
- A registered company in Korea, India, Kenya, Denmark or Mexico.
- Your prototype is a sustainable and inclusive solution for smart livable cities. Technology or service with relevance to one or more of the UIA congress themes (climate adaptation, rethinking resources, resilient communities, health, inclusivity, partnerships for change)
- Started the business within the last 2-5 years
- Minimum one founder is a young professionals with a max-age of 35 years
- Ideally coming out of university/academia
- Two members (minimum one founder) are able to participate in virtual session during June and physically in Copenhagen from June 28th to July 6th
- Able to bring material that showcases the solution (e.g. prototype, small model or tech solution, or video/website)
- English proficiency
how to apply
The deadline for sign-up is April 24th and selected teams will be announced May 1st. More information on how to apply TBA.